250g Loprofin Mix
1 tsp Loprofin Egg Replacer
1 tsp salt
25g soft brown sugar
10g psyllium husk
7g packet of yeast
40g cold butter cut into cubes
Vegetable oil (to fry the doughnuts in)
For the icing:
150g icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
Food colouring (optional)
Sprinkles for decorating (optional)
- Mix the Sno-Pro and psyllium husk allow to thicken for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a bowl, rub the butter into the Loprofin Mix so it looks like breadcrumbs.
- Now add the sugar, salt and yeast. Stir in the Sno-Pro mixture until smooth.
- Cover the bowl and leave in a warm place for 45 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Dust a worktop with Loprofin Mix and tip out the dough. Roll out the dough and cut out using a 3-inch cutter. Then cut out the centre with a 1-inch cutter cut out the centre.
- Place on a baking tray and allow to prove for 45 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Fill half a large saucepan with vegetable oil and heat over a medium to low heat (180°C).
- Add doughnuts to the oil. Only cook 2 or 3 at a time. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Once cooked on both sides remove from the pan and leave to cool.
- For the icing, mix the icing sugar, vanilla extract and a few drops of boiling water till you have a thick icing. You can colour the icing using a couple of drops food colouring.
- Now dip the top of the doughnuts into the icing. At this stage you can decorate with sprinkles, or edible glitter.
- Be creative with the decorating of the iced doughnuts using different sugar sprinkles, edible glitters and sprays.
- If you don’t have a cooking thermometer, drop a small piece of bread into the oil if it turns golden brown then the oil it hot enough to cook the doughnuts.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Loprofin Range are Foods for Special Medical Purposes, for the dietary management of Inherited Metabolic Disorders, and must be used under medical supervision.
*The phenylalanine content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and food labels.
**Allergens may be present, please check individual ingredients and product labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional