50g packet gnocchi
100ml water brought to boil
25g parmesan cheese (finely grated)
5 scoops Nutilis Clear Tomato sauce
100g shop bought tomato pasta sauce no skins
5 scoops Nutilis Clear
- Cook the gnocchi in the hot water on the hob for 10-15 minutes until soft and slightly overcooked. See technical video on how to cook gnocchi.
- Place the cooked gnocchi and small amount of water into the blender with cream and grated parmesan cheese, blend until smooth (you may add garlic powder or other flavours as per taste preferences).
- Add 5 scoops of Nutilis Clear and blend again then leave to stand for 90 seconds.
- Place shop bought tomato pasta sauce into the blender and blend until smooth.
- Add in 5 scoops of Nutilis Clear, blend again then leave to stand for 90 seconds.
Putting the pizza together
- Take a 6-inch scone cutter, spoon the gnocchi mixture in and spread until surface is level.
- Spoon the tomato topping onto the gnocchi.
- Sieve the very finely grated parmesan cheese over the tomato sauce, remove the scone cutter and enjoy!
You could blend and thicken other toppings and place on the top of the pizza, dusting parmesan cheese on top to finish.
Ensure you complete dysphagia texture checks.
Please be aware that blending hot foods can be dangerous. Always check the manufacturer’s instructions to ensure that your blender is suitable for processing hot foods and follow their instructions for safe blending.
*Allergens may be present, please check individual product and ingredient labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional.
These recipes should form part of a healthy, varied diet and the amount of Nutilis Clear used in each recipe is used as an example and does not replace the advice of your Healthcare Professional. Individual requirements will vary so please refer to your Healthcare Professional if you are unsure how much Nutilis Clear is right for you.
This recipe is intended for patients, and carers, who have been prescribed Nutilis Clear by a healthcare professional. Nutilis Clear is a Food for Special Medical Purposes for the dietary management of dysphagia and must be used under medical supervision.