Mixed fruit brack
350g mixed dried fruit (sultanas, raisins, apricots, dates, prunes, glace cherries)
200ml cold tea
2 tsp mixed spice
Grated nutmeg (optional)
2 tsp Loprofin Egg Replacer
50ml Loprofin Drink/Sno-Pro
Rind of an orange
1 tsp whiskey or brandy* (optional)
8oz Loprofin Mix
25g brown sugar
- If you are using glace cherries, apricots, dates or prunes, chop them up into small pieces.
- Soak all of the dried fruit and orange zest in the tea and leave overnight. If you don't have time to leave it overnight, the recipe will still turn out well.
- Pre heat the oven to 180°C and grease a 2lb loaf tin.
- Mix the Loprofin Egg Replacer with the Loprofin Drink/Sno-Pro until smooth.
- Add this mix and the remaining ingredients to the soaked fruit and combine gently.
- Put the mix into the loaf tin, brush with some melted butter and sprinkling of brown sugar.
- Bake in the over for approx. 40 minutes.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before removing and allowing to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Once cool, slice into 16 and consume within 5 days. Leftovers can be stored in the freezer for 3 months.
Allergens may be present, please check individual product and ingredient labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional.
The Loprofin Range and Sno-Pro are Foods for Special Medical Purposes, for the dietary management of Inherited Metabolic Disorders, and must be used under medical supervision. This recipe is intended for patients who have been prescribed Loprofin and Sno-Pro by a healthcare professional.
The protein content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and food labels.
*Please check with your healthcare professional before using recipes containing alcohol.