- 275g Loprofin Mix
- 200mls Sno-Pro
- 25g cold hard white fat cut into cubes
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp Loprofin Egg Replacer
- 25g soft brown sugar
- 25g treacle or honey
- 2 x 7g packets of yeast
- 10g psyllium husk
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 100g dried fruit
- Pre-heat oven to 170°C.
- Mix the Sno-Pro and psyllium husk allow to thicken for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a bowl, rub the hard white fat into the Loprofin Mix so it looks like breadcrumbs.
- Mix together the sugar, treacle, salt, cinnamon, ginger and yeast. Add the Sno-Pro mixture and mix till you have a soft dough.
- Cover and allow to prove in a warm place for approximately 45 minutes or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Dust a worktop with Loprofin Mix and tip out the dough. Mix the dried fruit into the dough and knead until all the fruit is well distributed.
- Roll into a fat sausage shape and place into an oiled tin. Cover and allow the dough to prove in a warm place or until it doubles in size.
- Bake for 30–40 minutes until golden. Once baked remove from the tin and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- You can use any mixed fruit in this recipe or just use one eg. cranberries, pineapple, mango, apple, cherries, banana, blueberries, sultans, currents, raisins.
- How to make a chocolate loaf? You can remove the cinnamon, ginger and treacle and replace with 25g cocoa powder and 50g low protein chocolate chips.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Loprofin Range are Foods for Special Medical Purposes, for the dietary management of Inherited Metabolic Disorders, and must be used under medical supervision.
*The phenylalanine content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and food labels.
**Allergens may be present, please check individual ingredients and product labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional