125g light muscovado sugar
30g golden syrup/honey
275g Loprofin Mix
2 tsp Loprofin Egg Replacer
50g grated carrots
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp ginger
½ tsp cinnamon
For the cream cheese frosting:
75g butter (room temperature)
200g icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla
75g low protein cream cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 170°C.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add the golden syrup to the bowl and beat to combine.
- To the mixture, add the Loprofin Mix, Loprofin Egg Replacer, carrots, spices, Sno-Pro and baking powder mix until you have a soft batter.
- Transfer the cake mixture to an 8 inch round greased lined tin and bake for 30–40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- To make the low protein cream cheese frosting:
i. Place the low protein cream cheese, butter, icing sugar and vanilla into a bowl and mix until smooth.
ii. Once the cake has cooled, spread the cream cheese frosting over the top of the cake.
- You can add 50g of dried fruit to the basic mix.
- You can also bake this mixture in muffin tins - it will make 12 muffins.
This recipe is intended for patients who have been prescribed Loprofin by a healthcare professional.
The Loprofin range are Foods for Special Medical Purposes for the dietary management of inherited metabolic disorders and other conditions requiring a low protein diet, and must be used under medical supervision.
* The protein content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and product labels.
**Allergens may be present, please check individual ingredients and product labels. If concerned about allergens, please contact your healthcare professional.