For the cupcakes:
50g butter, softened
50g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
115g Loprofin Mix
1 tsp Loprofin Egg Replacer
1 tsp baking powder
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Zest of 1 lemon
For the lemon buttercream:
100g butter, softened
200g icing sugar
Zest of 1 lemon
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp yellow food dye
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a cupcake tray with paper cases.
- Place the butter and sugar in a large bowl. Beat for 1–2 minutes, until light and creamy in texture.
- Thoroughly mix together with the Loprofin Mix, Loprofin Egg Replacer and baking powder.
- Stir the Sno-Pro into the creamed mixture until a soft smooth batter is achieved.
- Transfer the mixture into the cupcake cases.
- Bake the cupcakes in the oven for 15 minutes, until well risen and firm to touch. The cupcakes will be very pale in colour.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then transfer onto a wire rack.
- To make the buttercream icing, whisk together the butter, icing sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest and yellow food colouring to form a smooth icing.
- When the cupcakes are cooled, pipe the buttercream icing onto the cupcakes and decorate as desired.
Allergens may be present, please check individual product and ingredient labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional.
The Loprofin Range and Sno-Pro are Foods for Special Medical Purposes and must be used under medical supervision.
The protein content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and food labels.