1 tbsp rapeseed oil
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 pepper, thinly sliced
3 garlic cloved, peeled and thinly sliced
1 tin jackfruit
2 tsp tomato purée
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
Generous pinch of salt and pepper
1 tbsp soft brown sugar
1 tin chopped tomatoes
Corn tacos (0.7g protein/taco shell)
- Heat the oil over a medium head and cook the onion, pepper and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Add the jackfruit and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Mix in all of the spices and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato purée and tinned tomatoes, reduce the heat and simmer for 10/15 minutes.
- Serve in corn tacos with shredded lettuce.
- Leftover filling can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Chef's tip: Add some ground chilli to the sauce for some extra spice.
Allergens may be present, please check individual product and ingredient labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional.
The Loprofin Range and Sno-Pro are Foods for Special Medical Purposes, for the dietary management of Inherited Metabolic Disorders, and must be used under medical supervision. This recipe is intended for patients who have been prescribed Loprofin and Sno-Pro by a healthcare professional.
The protein content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and food labels.