Italian leek and mushroom risotto
Ingredients25g unsalted butter
1 tbsp olive oil
½ onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 leek (white only), chopped
50g chestnut mushrooms**, chopped
100g Loprofin Rice
350ml hot vegetable stock*
1 tbsp parsley, chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the butter and oil in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, leek and mushrooms and fry for 2 minutes, until soft.
- Add the Loprofin Rice to the pan and stir for a further minute.
- Add stock and stir well, bringing to the boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes – stir frequently during cooking to prevent the rice sticking to the pan.
- During cooking, check the stock is not reducing too much; add a little extra if the risotto becomes to dry.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Spoon onto a warm serving plate and garnish with parsley.
Allergens may be present, please check individual product and ingredient labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional.
The Loprofin Range are Foods for Special Medical Purposes, for the dietary management of Inherited Metabolic Disorders, and must be used under medical supervision. This recipe is intended for patients who have been prescribed Loprofin by a healthcare professional.
*The protein content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and food labels.
**This vegetable, if taken in large amounts, adds a significant amount of protein to the diet. Please discuss with your dietitian.