Ingredients450g prepared chopped vegetables of choice (e.g. sweet potato, swede, mushrooms, cauliflower, yellow or green peppers, butternut squash or courgettes)
3 tbsp oil
1 large onion, diced
3 tsp of garlic purée
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 large carrot, diced
1 small bell chilli
2 tsp chilli powder
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp turmeric
2 tsp ground coriander
2 tsp ground ginger
400g tin chopped tomatoes
½ pint of water or stock
2 tbsp tomato purée
1 bunch chopped coriander (optional)
450g Loprofin Rice
- Fill a large pot ¾ full with water and bring it to the boil, then add 1 tsp of oil and the Loprofin Rice.
- Return to the boil, reduce the heat slightly and cook for 10–12 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent the rice from sticking together.
- In a separate large pan, sauté the onions in oil until soft.
- Add the garlic, garlic purée, chilli, tomato purée, diced carrot, ½ the bunch of chopped coriander and your choice of vegetables. The harder vegetables (carrots, swede etc.) will need longer time for cooking so add these first.
- Add all of the spices: ground cumin, turmeric, chilli powder, ground coriander and ground ginger and stir for a few minutes.
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes and water.
- Cook until all of the vegetables are tender and the sauce has been reduced and thickened.
- Finish the dish by adding a handful of chopped fresh coriander and serve with Loprofin Rice.
Allergens may be present, please check individual product and ingredient labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional.
The Loprofin Range are Foods for Special Medical Purposes, for the dietary management of Inherited Metabolic Disorders, and must be used under medical supervision. This recipe is intended for patients who have been prescribed Loprofin and Sno-Pro by a healthcare professional.
The protein content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and food labels.