Dairy free cupcakes
450g self-raising flour
80g dairy-free custard powder
1 tsp salt
440g caster sugar
160ml rapeseed oil
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 tsp lemon juice
500g icing sugar (check ingredients for egg content if child has egg allergy)
2 tsp dairy-free spread/margarine
80ml soya milk
Food colouring, optional
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Line 2 x 12-hole muffin pans with paper cases.
- Sift the flour, custard powder and salt into a large bowl and stir in the sugar.
- Combine the measured water, oil, vanilla and lemon juice in a large jug.
- Whisk the water mixture into the flour mixture until smooth.
- Divide the mixture among paper cases.
- Bake at 200°C for about 25 minutes.
- Combine sifted icing sugar, spread and soya milk in a small heatproof bowl.
- Place over small pan of simmering water and stir until spreadable.
- Tint with a few drops of food colouring if desired.
- Spread cold cakes with icing and decorate, if desired.
Suitable for home freezing.
*Allergens may be present, please check individual product and ingredient labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional.
Image is a serving suggestion only – ensure all foods are prepared to the appropriate size and texture for your child before serving.
This website is intended for parents or carers of children who have been prescribed a product from the Neocate range by a Healthcare Professional.
The Neocate range are Foods for Special Medical Purposes for the dietary management of cow’s milk allergy, multiple
food protein allergies or other conditions where an amino acid formula is recommended, and must be used under medical supervision after full consideration of all feeding options, including breastfeeding.