2 tsp oil
100g minced turkey
25g onions (diced)
100g cranberry sauce
100ml chicken stock
50g additional cranberry sauce to serve
100g brussel sprouts
100g carrot and parsnip mash
50g milk powder
100g stuffing, shop bought and pre-cooked as per pack instructions
100g sausage (skin removed)
50g bacon (diced)
11 scoops Nutilis Clear
Pigs in blankets
- Place sausage in pan, break up with spatula, cover with water and bring to the boil.
- Place bacon in pan, cover with water, bring to the boil - don’t fry as will become hard and difficult to blend.
- Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Blend sausage and bacon separately until smooth.
- Add 2 scoops of Nutilis Clear to each, blend for a further 20 seconds and leave to stand for 60 seconds.
- To prepare, spread a layer of bacon on to a sheet of cling film using spatula.
- Using a piping bag, pipe sausage on top.
- Roll cling film so the bacon covers the sausage - needs to be chilled before it can be removed from cling film to serve.
- Remove from cling film and serve alongside roast turkey.
- Heat oil in pan, add turkey and onions.
- (You can use other minced meats and additional flavourings and seasonings such as sage, salt, pepper).
- Add stock cube and cranberry sauce.
- Cover with water and bring to boil.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Blend** turkey mixture with all the water until smooth.
- Add 5 scoops Nutilis Clear, blend for further 20 seconds.
- Serve turkey on plate using mould, scone cutter or piping bag.
- Top with sieved cranberry sauce.
- Boil sprouts until slightly overcooked.
- Boil mashed carrot and parsnip for 2-3 minutes.
- Blend** sprouts and mash separately with milk powder and butter until smooth.
- Add 2 scoops Nutilis Clear to each and blend for 20 seconds then leave to stand for 90 seconds.
- Place a scoop of brussel sprouts on plate and pipe carrot and parsnip mash to accompany roast turkey.
- Blend** pre cooked stuffing with 100ml hot water until smooth.
- Add 2 scoops of Nutilis Clear, blend for a further 20 seconds.
- Place a portion on to the plate to accompany the roast turkey.
Ensure you complete dysphagia texture checks.
Please be aware that blending hot foods can be dangerous. Always check the manufacturer’s instructions to ensure that your blender is suitable for processing hot foods and follow their instructions for safe blending.
*Allergens may be present, please check individual product and ingredient labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional.
These recipes should form part of a healthy, varied diet and the amount of Nutilis Clear used in each recipe is used as an example and does not replace the advice of your Healthcare Professional. Individual requirements will vary so please refer to your Healthcare Professional if you are unsure how much Nutilis Clear is right for you.
This recipe is intended for patients, and carers, who have been prescribed Nutilis Clear by a healthcare professional. Nutilis Clear is a Food for Special Medical Purposes for the dietary management of dysphagia and must be used under medical supervision.