Christmas cheese and cranberry scones
- 300g Loprofin Mix
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 120g butter, fridge cold cut into cubes
- 2 tsp Loprofin Egg Replacer
- 80g dried cranberries
- 150ml Loprofin Drink or Sno-Pro
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 80g low protein cheese cut into small cubes
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- In a bowl, mix the Loprofin Mix, Loprofin Egg Replacer and baking powder.
- Next, add the cold butter and rub it in using your fingers until it looks like breadcrumbs.
- Then add in the cranberries and low protein cheese, stirring to combine.
- After, add in the lemon juice and Sno-Pro before stirring with a knife so you have a soft dough.
- Next, turn out the dough onto the work surface, dusting with more Loprofin Mix and press out with your hand into you have a 7-inch circle.
- Then, place the dough onto a lined baking sheet and cut it into 8 pieces using a sharp knife.
- Bake at 170oc for 20/25 minutes - the top will be golden.
- Then allow to cool on the tray.
- You can add any dried fruit to this recipe, mixed fruit, pineapple, apples, and mango works well
- Serve with low protein cream cheese as a lunch box snack
- Slice and toast for breakfast
- You can freeze for 3 months
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Loprofin Range are Foods for Special Medical Purposes, for the dietary management of Inherited Metabolic Disorders, and must be used under medical supervision.
*The phenylalanine content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and food labels.
**Allergens may be present, please check individual ingredients and product labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional