Chocolate fudge brownies
1 packet of Loprofin Chocolate Cake Mix
85g melted butter
50 low protein chocolate chips
60g full fat low protein mayonnaise
150 mls Sno-Pro
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp de-cafe expresso powder
- In a bowl mix the coffee with 1 tablespoon of boiling water
- Now add the Loprofin Chocolate Cake Mix, melted butter, mayonnaise, vanilla, chocolate chips, and Sno-Pro mix until you have a soft batter
- Place mixture in a grease 9x6 baking tin and bake at 170oc for 20 minutes, allow the brownie to cool in the tin, it will be soft in the middle (it will carry on baking as it cools but you want them to be slightly underbaked to keep them moist in the middle
- Cut into 8 even squares and serve
- Great served hot with low protein ice-cream or vegan double cream you can serve with a fruit sauce or a low protein hot chocolate sauce for a dessert
- Keep in an airtight tin until needed or wrap and freeze for 3 months
- You can bake this batter in muffin tins for individual cakes
- You can bake this batter in small individual ramekins for a melt in the middle dessert
- You can add dried fruit to the basic mixture, 50g cherries are great in this
- 20g of freezed-dried fruit can be added to the basic mixture (white chocolate and raspberry)
- You can ice the tops when cooled with butter cream. This is great if you don’t like cupcakes
- Add candles and edible decorations for an easy birthday cake
This recipe is intended for patients who have been prescribed Loprofin by a healthcare professional.
The Loprofin range are Foods for Special Medical Purposes for the dietary management of inherited metabolic disorders and other conditions requiring a low protein diet, and must be used under medical supervision.
* The protein content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and product labels.
**Allergens may be present, please check individual ingredients and product labels. If concerned about allergens, please contact your healthcare professional.