250g Loprofin Mix, extra for dusting
50g cold butter
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
170mls Sno-Pro (extra for brushing the tops)
35g of grated low protein parmesan cheese
Pinch of salt
2 tsp lemon juice
- Pre-heat oven to 170°C
- In a bowl, sift the Loprofin Mix, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, and salt together
- Rub in the cold butter until it looks like fine breadcrumbs
- Add the Sno-Pro, lemon juice, and the majority of the low protein parmesan cheese (leave some to sprinkle on top of the scones) and mix until you have a soft dough
- Roll out the dough on a lightly dusted surface
- Cut out using a pastry cutter and place on a lined baking tray
- Brush the tops with Sno-Pro and sprinkle the leftover low protein parmesan cheese on top
- Bake for 10-12 mins, then cool on a wire rack
- Serve the scones the same day or freeze wrapped in cling film until needed
- Scones are great for lunch boxes, you can split them and fill them with a sandwich filling or serve alongside low protein soups and curries as a bread alternative
- Scones need to be eaten the same day as they don’t keep very well, but you can split them and toast them for breakfast or a quick snack
This recipe is intended for patients who have been prescribed Loprofin by a healthcare professional.
The Loprofin range are Foods for Special Medical Purposes for the dietary management of inherited metabolic disorders and other conditions requiring a low protein diet, and must be used under medical supervision.
* The protein content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and product labels.
**Allergens may be present, please check individual ingredients and product labels. If concerned about allergens, please contact your healthcare professional.