Carrot and leek crumble
200g (8oz) carrots, thinly sliced
200g (8oz) leeks, sliced
400g can chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp tomato ketchup*
1 tbsp tangy tomato pickle*
¼ tsp dried sage
Salt and pepper, to taste
100g (4oz) Loprofin Mix
75g (3oz) butter
50g (2oz) Loprofin Herb Crackers , finely crushed
- Place the carrots and leeks in salted water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Drain very thoroughly.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, ketchup, tomato pickle, sage and seasoning to the leeks and carrots and bring to the boil, stirring gently.
- Prepare the crumble: place the Loprofin Mix in a bowl and rub in the butter until a coarse crumb is achieved. Stir in 40g (1½oz) Loprofin Herb Cracker crumbs.
- Transfer the prepared vegetables to a 1 litre (1¾ pt) ovenproof gratin dish. Sprinkle the crumble evenly over the surface, then top with the remaining Loprofin Herb Cracker crumbs.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 15–20 minutes, until the crumble is lightly browned.
Allergens may be present, please check individual product and ingredient labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional.
The Loprofin Range are Foods for Special Medical Purposes, for the dietary management of Inherited Metabolic Disorders, and must be used under medical supervision. This recipe is intended for patients who have been prescribed Loprofin and Sno-Pro by a healthcare professional.
*The protein content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and food labels.