Butternut squash stroganoff
1 tsp garlic, crushed
1 large onion, chopped
200g portobello mushrooms**, sliced
100g red pepper, chopped
150g butternut squash, chopped
350ml vegetable stock*
4 tbsp Loprofin Mix
1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Melt the butter in a large, heavy frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add the onion, pepper, butternut squash and garlic, stirring until the vegetables have softened.
- Turn the heat up to medium-high and add the mushrooms. Cook until the they are softened and browned.
- Transfer the vegetables to a bowl and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the vegetable stock* and stir. Bring the stock to the boil and cook until the stock has reduced by one-third.
- Reduce the heat to low and return the vegetables to the pan.
- In a small bowl, mix the Sno-Pro with the Loprofin Mix to create a paste.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the paste to the pan and stir.
- Return the pan to the heat and continue to cook until the sauce thickens.
- Stir in the parsley and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with Loprofin Pasta or Loprofin Rice.
Allergens may be present, please check individual product and ingredient labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional.
The Loprofin Range and Sno-Pro are Foods for Special Medical Purposes, for the dietary management of Inherited Metabolic Disorders, and must be used under medical supervision. This recipe is intended for patients who have been prescribed Loprofin and Sno-Pro by a healthcare professional.
*The protein content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and food labels.
**This vegetable, if taken in large amounts, adds a significant amount of protein to the diet. Please discuss with your dietitian.