Ingredients250g Loprofin Mix
½ sachet (1tsp) dried yeast (supplied with Loprofin Mix)
½ tsp salt
3 tbsp olive oil
200ml warm water
Dried herbs (optional)
Disposable piping bags
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Combine Loprofin Mix, yeast and salt in a large bowl; add 1 tbsp olive oil and water, beat for 1 minute (if using and electric mixer) or 3–4 minutes with a wooden spoon until batter is smooth and glossy.
- Transfer batter to a large piping bag fitted with a 5mm (¼ inch) nozzle.
- Cut the end of the piping bags and pipe lengths of dough, about 20cm long, onto a greased baking tray.
- Dip a pastry brush in remaining olive oil and evenly coat each dough stick and sprinkle with dried herbs.
- Loosely cover each tray completed with cling film and put in a warm place until dough starts to rise slightly, approximately 10–12 minutes (dough sticks should be allowed to rise until they have almost doubled in size).
- Remove cling film and place the tray in a preheated oven for approximately 10 minutes, until lightly browned – check bread sticks are completely crisp before removing from oven.
- Cool on a wire rack. When cooled, store in an airtight rigid container.
Allergens may be present, please check individual product and ingredient labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional.
The Loprofin Range are Foods for Special Medical Purposes and mut be used under medical supervision.
* The protein content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and food labels.
For the dietary management of Inherited Metabolic Disorders, This recipe is intended for patients who have been prescribed Loprofin by a healthcare professional.