Neocate Spoon: from 6 months
What is Neocate Spoon?
Neocate Spoon is suitable for babies over six months of age diagnosed with Cow’s Milk Allergy and Multiple Food Protein Allergies (MFPA). Neocate Spoon does not contain any cow’s milk protein and it is manufactured in a cow’s milk-free environment and packaged in a protective atmosphere to provide a high quality product.
Your doctor may have recommended Neocate Spoon to help increase food variety to the diet. It’s the first and only hypoallergenic, amino acid-based “spoonable” product. Neocate Spoon is hypoallergenic - based on 100% non-allergenic amino acids and milk protein and gluten-free
Neocate Spoon comes as a powder that you can mix with water to form an unflavoured paste with a “spoonable” consistency, suitable for weaning and increasing variety to the diet. It can be used on its own, as a dessert to replace a cow’s milk based food like yoghurt, or it can be mixed with other foods both sweet and savoury.
Your doctor or dietitian will advise you on the total daily intake of Neocate Spoon and this will depend on the age, bodyweight, and medical condition of your child. Neocate Spoon is a supplement and not suitable as a sole source of nutrition. The suggested serving size is one sachet (37g) of powder plus 60ml of water to give a spoonable consistency (approximately 97g). For infants starting on solids, the consistency of Neocate Spoon can be altered by adding more or less water as required. Want a smaller serving size? Simply add 30ml of water to half a sachet. Always remember every child is different so always follow the specific advice given to you by your Healthcare Professional.
Here’s the need to know info
- Wash your hands
- Use clean equipment to prepare the feed
- Fill the measuring spoon provided with Neocate Spoon and level off with a clean dry knife. Do not press the powder into the measuring spoon. Only use the measuring spoon that comes with the product
- Place the recommended amount of Neocate Spoon into a clean bowl
- Gradually add the required amount of cooled, boiled water whilst stirring with a clean feeding spoon. Mix until thickened – this may take a few minutes
- To alter the consistency, add more or less water as required
- Prepare immediately prior to feeding and discard if not used within one hour
- Can be added to cooked dishes but don’t add to very hot foods and don’t re-warm once prepared
Store unopened tins in a cool dry place. Once opened, reseal tin. Store in a cool dry place and use within one month.
Neocate Spoon can be used:
- On its own or mixed with other foods
- During weaning to introduce new texture and variety to the diet
- For increasing food variety, when introducing new foods, for example mixed with fruit or a compote, or mashed vegetable
- for different meal times and snacks e.g. dessert, you can flavour it (e.g. fruit jelly, for puree preparation or as a yoghurt alternative)
- As a supplement to boost the nutritional content of foods as the child gets older and nutritional requirements change
- As a helpful, palatable alternative to dairy foods, helping meet the nutritional requirements of a growing child
Neocate Spoon is a is a Food for Special Medical Purposes for the dietary management of Cow’s Milk Allergy, Multiple Food Protein Allergies and other conditions requiring an amino acid-based formula, and must be used under medical supervision.