Carrot and potato soup
1 tbsp olive oil
30g onion (chopped)
50g potato (peeled and chopped)
75g carrots (peeled and chopped)
150ml vegetable or chicken stock
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion and fry for 5 minutes until softened.
- Stir in the potato, then cook for 4 minutes.
- Add the carrots and stock. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat.
- Cover the pan and cook for 20 minutes until the carrots are tender.
- Pour the soup and cream into a blender and blend until smooth (you may need to do this in two batches).
- Return to the pain, taste, then add salt if necessary.
Complete dysphagia texture checks.
- Reheat in a microwave or pan to serve.
No Nutilis Clear is used in this recipe as soup will thicken as it cools.
Additional portions can be frozen for later use or refrigerated for up to 24 hours.
Please be aware that blending hot foods can be dangerous. Always check the manufacturer’s instructions to ensure that your blender is suitable for processing hot foods and follow their instructions for safe blending.
*Allergens may be present, please check individual product and ingredient labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional.
These recipes should form part of a healthy, varied diet and the amount of Nutilis Clear used in each recipe is used as an example and does not replace the advice of your Healthcare Professional. Individual requirements will vary so please refer to your Healthcare Professional if you are unsure how much Nutilis Clear is right for you.
Nutilis Clear is a Food for Special Medical Purposes for the dietary management of dysphagia and must be used under medical supervision.
237 kcals energy