Preparation and directions for usage
The recommended dosage is dependent on the age, bodyweight and medical condition of the patient, and should be determined by a clinician or dietitian only. The recommended feed concentration is 18%w/v (18g Low Fat Module made up to 100ml with water). Each level scoop of Low Fat Module(6g) requires approximately 30ml water to yield the recommended feed concentration.
When preparing any infant feed, please follow the guidelines below:
1. Wash hands thoroughly and clean the preparation area. Sterilise the bottles and teats (if using).
2. Boil fresh water for five minutes and allow to cool for at least 30 minutes so that it feels warm to the wrist. Pour the required amount of water into a sterilised feeding bottle. Add the recommended dose of walnut oil to provide essential fatty acids.
3. Fill the scoop provided with infant formula and level off with a clean dry knife. Do not press the powder into the scoop. Only use the scoop provided.
4. Add the prescribed number of scoops of infant formula to the water. Replace cap on the bottle and shake until powder is dissolved. Before feeding, ensure the formula is at the correct temperature by placing a few drops on the wrist.
5. Shake or stir formula immediately before use. Formula should not be warmed for longer than 15 minutes prior to feeding. Do not boil formula and do not use a microwave oven to prepare or warm formula. Formula remaining in the bottle after one hour of feeding should be discarded. Formula must not be rewarmed during feeding.
For Sip or Tube Feeding:
1. Weigh out the required amount of Low Fat Module.
2. Add the recommended dose of walnut oil to provide essential fatty acids and a small amount of the water prescribed.
3. Stir with a fork until a smooth paste is obtained.
4. Continue stirring whilst adding the rest of the prescribed amount of water.
Once reconstituted, store in a refrigerator and use within 24 hours.
Maltodextrin, Lactose (from cow's milk), Skimmed cow's milk, Whey protein (from cow's milk), Calcium carbonate, Inositol, Sodium hydroxide, Choline chloride, Sodium L-ascorbate, Emulsifier, Mono- and diglycerides of fatty acids, Magnesium hydrogen phosphate, Ferrous sulphate, L-Ascorbic acid, DL-alpha tocopheryl, Choline bitartrate, Zinc sulphate, Taurine, Nicotinamidem, L-Carnitine, Calcium D-pantothenate, Copper sulphate, Thiamin mononitrate, Pyridoxine, hydrochloride, Manganese sulphate, Chromium chloride, Pteroylmonoglutamic acid, Silicon dioxide, Potassium iodide, Phytomenadione, Sodium molybdate, Sodium selenite, Cholecalciferol, D-Biotin. Allergy Advice: For allergens, see ingredients in bold.