Fortisip Compact Protein
Fortisip Compact Protein is a high energy, high protein, low volume oral nutritional supplement for the dietary management of disease-related malnutrition.
Protein intake is important in patients with disease-related malnutrition
Patients struggle to consume sufficient protein during illness1,2
- Inadequate protein intake is more likely to occur in patients with disease-related malnutrition3
- Patients with disease-related malnutrition tend to have a poor appetite with lower intakes of protein and other nutrients3
- Protein requirements can increase by up to 50% depending on the patient's clinical condition1
High protein oral nutritional supplements† deliver clinical and economic outcomes
|High protein oral nutritional supplements increase nutritional intake without suppressing appetite or voluntary food intake³‡|
Compliance to an oral nutritional supplement is key to achieving optimal outcomes
Implementation of the Malnutrition Pathway9 with Fortisip Compact Protein
Implementation of the Malnutrition Pathway5 with 2 x Fortisip Compact Protein per day for patients at high risk of malnutrition led to significant benefits6.
*RNI (Reference Nutrient Intake) males +50yrs excluding Na, K, and Cl
†ONS with ≥20% of energy from protein. ‡Based on meta analysis compared to control.
- Deutz NEP et al. Clin Nutr. 2014: 33: 929–936.
- Bauer J et al. JAMDA 2013; 14: 543–559.
- Cawood AC et al. Ageing Res Rev. 2012; 11: 278–296
- Hubbard GP et al. Clin Nutr. Supp. 2009; 4(2): 41
- Malnutrition Pathway. https://www.malnutritionpathway.co.uk/ [25.01.2020].
- Brown F et al. JNutr Health Aging. 2020
Fortisip Compact Protein is a Food for Special Medical Purposes for the dietary management of disease related malnutrition and must be used under medical supervision