Loprofin pasta bake
150g Loprofin Pasta (any shapes can be used)
1 recipe of Loprofin white sauce
1 portion of veggie bolognese sauce
100g low protein cheese grated
- In a large pot, cook the Loprofin Pasta and once cooked, drain and refresh in cold water
- Choose a baking dish or individual foil trays
- Place ¾ of the Loprofin white sauce on the base then add ¾ of the cooked Loprofin Pasta and cover with ¾ of the veggie bolognese sauce
- Repeat the layers until all the Loprofin Pasta is used, sprinkle with low protein cheese and bake at 180oc for 25/30 minutes or freeze until needed
- Use any Loprofin Pasta, I use fusilli, animal shapes or macaroni which are great for weaning.
- Parmesan or mozzarella low protein cheese are both good in this recipe
- You can make 1 big bake or individual portions.
- Small foil trays can be used to freeze the dish, you can then bake straight from frozen, just add 10 minutes onto the cooking time
- You can add any cooked vegetables to this recipe to change the flavours
This recipe is intended for patients who have been prescribed Loprofin by a healthcare professional.
The Loprofin range are Foods for Special Medical Purposes for the dietary management of inherited metabolic disorders and other conditions requiring a low protein diet, and must be used under medical supervision.
* The protein content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and product labels.
**Allergens may be present, please check individual ingredients and product labels. If concerned about allergens, please contact your healthcare professional.