- Follow the Loprofin shortcrust pastry recipe before chilling the pastry for 20 minutes.
- Next, in a bowl, place the sliced apples, sugar, and cinnamon, stirring to combine - allow to stand for 30 minutes.
- Then, drain any juice off the apples and stir in the cornflour.
- Next, roll out half the pastry and line it with your pie dish.
- After, fill your pie dish with the apple mixture and make sure it is spread evenly across the whole dish.
- Roll out the rest of the pastry to fit the top of the pie dish and crimp the edges together using your thumb and fingers, before brushing the top of the pie with water or Sno-Pro.
- Lastly, sprinkle over some demerara sugar for crunch and bake the pie at 170oc for 45/55 minutes until the top is golden and the pastry is set.
- Allow to cool in the dish for 30 minutes before slicing.
- You can make any fruit pie using this recipe - try rhubarb, peaches, blueberries or strawberries
- You can also make small pies in a muffin mould - use any pie plate as long as its oven proof
- You can freeze this pie in slices for up to 3 months
- Great served with Loprofin custard or vanilla ice cream – both recipes can be found in the Creative Cooking Loprofin Recipe Book
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Loprofin Range are Foods for Special Medical Purposes, for the dietary management of Inherited Metabolic Disorders, and must be used under medical supervision.
*The phenylalanine content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and food labels.
**Allergens may be present, please check individual ingredients and product labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional