Neocate Spoon: From 6 months
Neocate Spoon is a unique hypoallergenic amino acid spoonable product designed to supplement the nutritional intake of infants with Cow’s Milk Allergy (CMA), Multiple Food Protein Allergies (MFPA) or those who require an amino acid formula from 6 months onwards.
Neocate Spoon is
- A unique spoonable product to support weaning CMA infants
- Calcium level of 265mg per portion delivers 50% of the daily requirement*
- Supports the exploration of new tastes and textures
- Palatable, can be mixed with sweet or savoury foods or on its own
- Designed to be used as a supplement to the diet or alongside other hypoallergenic formulae or breast milk
- Suitable from 6 months
Neocate Spoon can be used
- During weaning to introduce new texture and variety to the diet
- For increasing food variety, when introducing new foods, for example mixed with fruit or a compote, or mashed vegetable
- For different meal times and snacks e.g. dessert, you can flavour it (e.g. fruit jelly, for puree preparation or as a yoghurt alternative)
Neocate Spoon - When to use it
Weaning can be an anxious and challenging time for parents of infants with CMA and MFPA but it is important to try and introduce new tastes and textures and increase the level of nutrient intake, critical for growth. Neocate Spoon offers a worry free and nutritious way for parents to introduce these new tastes and textures whilst increasing their nutritional intake.
Neocate Spoon is also useful beyond the weaning period and throughout early childhood until tolerance is established. It can be used on its own or to boost the nutritional content of foods in the diet.
Neocate Spoon encourages nutritional intake in older infants who are struggling with the transition onto follow-up hypoallergenic formula.
It provides a good source of calcium and can be considered as a helpful palatable alternative to dairy foods.
There is no upper age limit for its use.
The use should be determined based on the individual requirements of the child.
- Christie et al. J Am. Diet Assoc 2002;102:1648-1651
- Meyer et al. Clin Transitional Allergy 2014;4:31
* RNI 0–6 years. Children with CMA and MFPA may be at higher risk of inadequate calcium intakes1,2
Important notice: Neocate Spoon is a food for special medical purposes for the dietary management of children with Cow’s Milk Allergy, Multiple Food Protein Allergies and other conditions where an amino acid based formula is recommended. It should only be used under medical supervision. Suitable for infants and children over 6 months of age. Not suitable as a sole source of nutrition. Refer to label for details.