Dr Nick Makwana, Consultant Paediatrician, Sandwell and West Birmingham NHS Trust, explores the health inequalities faced by the UK BME population in relation to allergic conditions.
- Discussion how multi-ethnic communities have less consistent access to specialist care
- Explore why the UK BME population have poorer clinical outcomes in relation to allergic conditions
- Highlight the barriers that are faced accessing healthcare by BME communities -
- Consider the impact on long term health outcomes in relation to allergic disease
- How healthcare professionals can improve outcomes in allergy for multi-ethnic communities